Friday, December 29, 2006

Imaginiff...

Over Christmas, we initiated a new family tradition, which was pretty much awesome. It consisted of the fam chillin around the dining room table at Mimi's (what the twins call my mom) Christmas night and playing games. That's right, games.

Brian and I brought Apples to Apples, and it was fun, as it always is, but the real hit of the evening was Imaginiff, contributed by Mimi herself. This game is pretty much awesome, especially if you play it with people you know. You put the names of those playing around the board, which has a dry-erase surface. There are 8 spaces, so if there are less than 8 players you can fill in the empty spots with people everyone knows. They can be people you really know, like Aunt Betty, or people like Jessica Simpson, who somehow made it onto our board but was quickly replaced for a general lack of interest.

Anyways, you roll the dice and land on someone's name, then pick a card and read it aloud. It will say something like "If _________ was a mode of transportation, he/she would be:" and go on to list 6 choices. Each of the choices are numbered, and each player has cards with the number 1-6 in their hand. Essentially you're just voting on what you think best matches that person. The fun part is when you all flip your cards over and see how the jury ruled.

It was pretty funny with the family. Since we all know eachother pretty well some of the rulings were unanimous (like if Caroline were on a long road trip the thing that would annoy her the most would be 4: if her cell phone died.) And some were split decisions (like if Emily were a mode of transportation she would either be a 1: pogo stick, 4: corporate jet, or 6: sports car). I learned a lot about myself, or should I say, what my family things of me. Apparently, I am well suited for a range of reality TV shows, from the Apprentice to American Idol, but NOT the Amazing Race. What's that about? I could SO eat fisheyes. Anyways, it was really fun and I highly recommend the game.

1 Comments:

At 1/01/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger Jon Wise said...

OK, I haven't even read this post yet, but I had to comment as soon as I saw the picture.
We have this game! We love it! It's been a surprise hit at a number of parties -- seems people enjoy bizarre statements being associated with their friends. We'll have to play with you guys some time!!

Ok, now I'll read the post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home