Thursday, August 31, 2006

The 9

The 9 is one of my new favorite things on the web. Despite the fact that Maria Sandstone is really, really annoying, and sometimes I want to gouge out my eyes and ears when she talks, I like the format, the fact that its only like 2 minutes long, and I like finding rare and interesting things on the web (by rare and interesting I mean processed mass media propaganda).

In honor of The 9, I would like to provide my own 9 today. Not all are web related but since this is my 9, I make the rules, and my 9 don't have to be web-related.

1. This morning I had to turn on the heat in my car for the first time in about 5 months. This is extremely disheartening. Although I fully realize there will be a period of several weeks where I run the heat in the morning and still need A/C by the afternoon, the shift still has a significant impact on my day.

2. Yesterday I became privy to a little gem of a website, PopSugar (and by "gem" I mean full of useless and addicting celebrity gossip and photos). Things I love about PopSugar = the name and the fact that it is updated several times daily. Things I hate about PopSugar = the fact that it is absolute crap and I am embarassed to admit that I support such sites by reading their crap. It really has opened up a new world for me...I never knew how much garbage was out there and how much people really read it. I'm sure I will tire of this online celebrity gossip universe within 24 hours (I hope I do) but for today, it interests me.

3. This week I learned some disturbing news about preservatives. My dear and hilarious friend Kim was joking about how well preserved she is because she drinks so much Diet Coke, and another friend chimed in that she knows a woman whose job is somehow related to crash sites. So I learned that in airline crashes, when they have large numbers of casualties, they honestly and truly find out who is American and they take care of their bodies last...because they rot slower...BECAUSE OF THE PRESERVATIVES!!!!!! Does this disturb anyone but me? I am very curious to know how true this is.

4. My birthday is on Wednesday. I think I will be 25. I don't really feel any different. But I think that being 25 makes me kind of old. A whole quarter of a century....pondering...Nevermind, I just decided its really not significant at all. There is this whole quarterlife crisis universe out there that is having trouble adjusting to the "real world" but I don't really feel like I'm in crisis at all. I'm pretty sure I've been in this ominous sounding "real world" for the length of my 25 years and I don't really see what all of the fuss is about. Sidenote: Birthdays are a little anticlimactic for me ever since I was old enough that it became socially unacceptable to have birthday parties where Pin the Tail on the Donkey was the focal point.

5. The Cheesecake Factory opened on Tuesday night at 5 pm in Colonie Center. Jenn was there at 3:30 to wait in line. We were seated by 6, and around 9 we shuffled out with bags and bags of grocieries, I mean leftovers. It was an overall glorious experience and I am proud that the Capital Region finally has its own Cheesecake Factory. However, not so glorious was the fact that last night, after an entire days' anticipation over eating my leftover cheesecake when I got home from class, I opened the fridge to find that alas, my cheesecake never made it home. This means either Dave or Steve somehow swiped my Cocoa Mocha something something cheesecake and enjoyed it on my behalf. I guess friendship means nothing when it comes to leftover cheesecake.

6, 7, 8, 9. I got bored so I'm skipping right to 9. And as it turns out, I have nothing left to say for today, August 31st. Except that today is the last day in August, and tomorrow begins September, my favorite month of the year (not just because my birthday is in it!). Yesterday I started school and there were a few leaves on the ground. Nothing like a college campus in the month of September with leaves starting to turn...

4 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new Cheesecake Factory just opened by us last week too. We, like, have the same life but in a different state. That was my attemp to satisfy your craving for junk media- it totally sounded like something you'd read about one celebrity saying to another. In bigger, more important news- I died my hair brown.
Shalom

 
At 9/01/2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt the Cheescake Factory was the best eating experience ever. Honey Maple Pork Tenderloin is the food of champions, followed by Snickers cheesecake to keep you going the rest of the week. I think Dave took your leftover cheesecake. He's single, he doesn't cook for himself. He needs food. I don't want to post my name to this blog. I'd rather it remain esoteric.

 
At 10/31/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? Maria Sandstone is a delight not to mention knock out gorgeous. I love her!

 
At 12/25/2006 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

her name is Maria Sansone, FYI, not Sandstone. :)

but yes, she is quite a cutie. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home